Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TMI Tuesday: September 13, 2011

DATING










1. You're on a speed date. You've got 7 minutes with the potential partner. You already know the person's name. What are the first three questions you would ask?

1 - When is the last time you participated in an outdoor activity? What was it? If they say watch TV, watch sports...or a bunch of non-activity I'm outta there. I'm too hyper to sit still.

2 - Where do you live? And then I'd ask questions to get them to elaborate on their living situation.

3 - Do you love sex?

2. Have you ever participated in speed dating? Did you get a regular date/second date out of it?

Never, but I think it sounds fun. A local chain restaurant hosts speed dating every now and again.

3. Do you participate in online dating? How many dates have you had as a result of online dating sites/matches?

I have in the past. It was fruitful: 8 or 9 first dates, many second and third dates. I met some very nice men. Some were a little too into me. Some really did just want to have sex; they should have hired a hooker. One was completely psychotic, and became a rude stalker when I expressed that he wasn't my type of human so I had to lay low for many months and return with a different profile. I found a lot of the men to be insincere even if not looking for anything romantic. That got old and boring. It was all kind of juvenile. I quit doing the online thing after about a year of being on and off of it.

4. You are attracted to:
a. Who people are?
Most definitely this. I care about your character, your personality, etc.

b. What people have?
Well if you have a 72 foot yacht, I care very much because I love to go sailing.

c. What they can do?
If you can tie a cherry stem with your tongue I am confident that you have the proper skills to make ours a happy and lasting relationship. :-)

5. What "little red flag" will cause you to end a date or immediately decide this person isn't for you?

I read body language. If you are overly tense (not shy and nervous) or curt, you are wound way too tight for me. I'm gone. If we are dining and you are rude to any of the restaurant personnel, you're a meany and I'm not spending time with you. I often have to go with my gut feeling. I'm usually right when I do. The few times that I haven't paid attention to the intuition or gut feeling I've suffered.

6. What do you feel you need to sacrifice or have sacrificed to be a part of a relationship?

France helped put this into perspective for me. Originally, I would have said "I will sacrifice nothing" knowing that in relationships as in life there are sacrifices to be made. France makes the distinction between sacrifice and compromise. I will most definitely compromise when needed.

7. If you cooked for your date, what would you cook?

Oh this is tough. Probably a vegetable & pasta dish with olive oil and basil served with baked salmon. If he's a die-hard meat eater I could make curry baked pork chops with sauteed veggies and brown rice with raisins. I am a good and creative cook. I do a lot to simple foods with herbs and spices that make it all taste delicious.

8. At the end of a first date, how would you kiss your date?
a. Press your lips against theirs
b. Gentle kiss on the cheek
c. Lots o' tongue, like you're on a tonsil exploration
d. I don't kiss on the first date

If I'm just not into you a "good night, thank you for the evening" and I would extend my hand to shake yours. It's my nice way of getting across to you "I'm not interested in a second date." If we are having a blast, then there has already been a lot of touching because I'm the touchy-feely type. I would give a gentle kiss on the cheek. If you moved your face so that your lips met mine, I'm okay with that, which would be "a".

Bonus: You just put up a profile on a dating site. You must describe yourself in 10 words or less. What are your 10 words?

I am sexy, smart, funny, engaging, caring, positive and passionate.


For shits&giggles I took the crazy quiz "Are you a hot date?".

You're So Hot!
You know all the right moves - you make eye contact, you flirt just enough
to keep them interested and you trust your intuition.
You're a great date - fun, flirty and definitely hot.
---------------

See who else is playing TMI Tuesday CLICK HERE.

23 comments:

Jack and Jill said...

Great answers. The honesty of your answers to the first question - especially the "outdoor activity" bit - and questions four and five are refreshing. We also love that so many people have mentioned rudeness to wait staff as a red flag, as both of us, before we were together, had experienced this with a date and decided not to go out with the person again.

Singedwingangel said...

I missed this week with all of mom's doc appointments.. Oh How I miss blogging *sighs.. I have never speed dated.. wait umm I live in the country we call it a field party bwhahahah..

Silly Mistress : ) said...

1) While part of me would want to ask that question ("Do you love sex?"), I'd be a bit nervous. Guys can take that the wrong way and assume I'm easy, which isn't the case. I'm picky how who I have fun with. And I don't want to be with the guy that just wants to get his rocks off, I want to be with a guy that enjoys sex.

3) Sorry to hear it was disappointing : ( But at least you got a good man now, right?? ; )

4c) Hehe, I guess that's one fun way to find out!!

5) +nods+ Body language and character is important. If someone is just rude, I don't want to be around them either. I believe in respecting people.

(Also dear, you have a random image url in the answer =X)

6) I'll be reading Ms. France's next :D

7) Pasta is usually safe, I think. It's hearty and welcoming without having to be to extravagant.

8) Agreed!!

Hedone said...

@Jack and Jill: Thanks. Yes, a well-phrased question can reveal so much once the person answers.

@singedwingangel: I miss your snarkiness; good luck with your mom. LOL LOL...you managed to get your snarky humor in ...thanks for that :)

@Silly Mistress: With 1c, I was really being a smarty. I would not bluntly ask that. But over a few dates I can ask questions to ascertain whether or not the person is a prude, uncomfortable with their sexuality or sex positive and confident. Yes, KinkyGent is a good person, I met him at a party, we were introduced by a mutual friend.

Gigi said...

#3 I agree with the "too into me thing" What's up with that?
#4 b.. Hahaha!!
Bonus, beautiful choice of words :)

virtualsin said...

re: Yacht. 72 feet is too big. It requires crew.

Hedone said...

@Gigi: Thank you.

@Virtualsin: I meant to say whatever size your sailing vessel is...exactly that size...that's what I care about. :-)

MsKayotic said...

If they have a yacht... LOL! I admit that's a good one.

I love the cartoon. I'm dying laughing.

Good answers.

Hedone said...

@MsKayotic: hey Ms. K, did you play. I hope so. I'm going to go check :)

GoodWill said...

As always, loved your answers H :) Happy TMI!

Trickie said...

I'm back Sensual Queen, and Happy TMI! Besos!

Faile said...

Good answers, although your answer to 7) is making me hungry. :-)

DoubleD said...

Love your answers , but then I always do!

Tongue action is so important i think :)

Tame said...

4c is such a great answer. I think if I went speed dating, that might become one of my three questions!

Hedone said...

@Trickie: Hi, Welcome back. Thanks for the compliment and kisses :)

@DoubleD: We agree on the tongue action. Your 1c. answer cracked me up!

Lusting Lola said...

Great answers! Especially #4. :)

France said...

Aww thanks for saying I helped to put things in perspective! It's most definitely a thought provoking question... Lexi brings her unique view on this too.

I agree, some weird people on dating sites...

TemptingSweets99 said...

I like your bonus description. I think it's true. ;-) That quiz looks like fun. I'm going to take it. ;-)

KaziGrrl said...

GREAT answers!! I so tried to make light with mine and it still ended up serious... I need to take a page from the Book of Lightness :)

And... a person who can tie that cherry stem is high marks in my book as well!

~Kazi

Hedone said...

@TS99: It was a funny quiz with crazy choices. Be sure to tell me your answer.

@KaziGrrl: Glad you enjoyed the TMI.

notaperfectlife said...

Oh man I missed this weeks TMI...
*makes mental note for next Tuesday*
Love your answers.
~~Sophia

Hedone said...

Thank you Sophia.

If you want a little prompt or reminder about TMI Tuesday, you can sign up to receive it via email.

Go to tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com and see the sign up box on the right side bar of that page.

:)

Catharine said...

I like the idea of asking about sex on a speed date! I should have asked on my first date, but we met via sex blog, so I think I was okay. :p